Lockdown 2.0


The news is showing scenes of raging fires in Greece, The Taliban sweeping through Kabul, Afghan people fleeing for their safety, an earthquake destroying Haiti...
And we are home. Safe, healthy, with all we need. 

But days are still sometimes hard. We can't see friends or family, we have been homeschooling for seven weeks so far this year, which isn't many in comparison to some others. This is our second lockdown here on the coast. Other places in Australia have had over seven lockdowns now. I can't even imagine what that feels like. There are days which feel a little hopeless and I find I can slip into a negative headspace quite easily. 

But then I look around me at all I do have and all we can do. And we can love, and laugh, and play, and walk outside in some of the most beautiful places in the world. We are okay. We will be okay. And the sun will set and rise and our hearts will continue to love - and that's all we need. 

Popular Posts