Ramblings about time



It's always here, this little space that I revisit from time to time. Sometimes I don't come here to write. Sometimes I come here to read over old posts, to go down memory lane and to remember what life was like two, three, seven years ago. 

I like that it's always here. A journal with infinite pages to be filled...my amateur memoir of motherhood.  

It's 2023 which equally excites me and baffles me - I will never get over the concept of time and how days can sometimes feel so long, yet years seem to pass me by - I have a teenager - and it makes me think of those times when you drive from one place to another and when you arrive at your destination you can barely recall how you got there. 

I am excited by time because I embrace the notion of gratitude towards it. Each year as I age, I have lived another full year of life. Each birthday cake I bake for one of my children, is a marker of another year I get to see them grow and love them. 

Lately I have found myself thinking about time a lot. Particularly how I spend it. I am trying to be conscious of it in a way I haven't really thought much about previously. I don't feel rushed or anxious about it. I don't feel like I need to over think it. But when I catch myself accusing myself of 'wasting' time I double check... is laying in bed an extra 20 minutes to stare out my window at the trees a waste? No it is not. Is sitting with my coffee instead of taking hurried sips while I run around the house tidying the best use of my time? Yes it is. Some days I have to rush. Other times it is just as important that I don't. 

The joy of hot summer days is slowing waning and I find myself, as I do this time every year, craving the coolness that Autumn brings. We have had the most wonderful summer holiday break filled with beach days, camping, seeing friends and spending countless hours in our pool. But the tender parts of our face, just under our eyes are a little too pink and our nights are restless as we toss and turn in the still heat. 

We are ready for a new season.



Popular Posts