A Day With My Boys


Each school holidays I make an opportunity to spend a day with my boys. According to them, their three year old sister often 'spoils' things and 'gets in the way', and whilst I'm somewhat protective of the third child (being a third child myself) I do understand their frustration at times. Activities are definitely more limiting with a three year old in-tow. And so today, while Miss Three attended daycare, I took my boys out for a day of fun.

We started at one of their favourite places to visit, the library. We borrowed as many books as they could carry, plus a couple of DVD's then headed to the cafe for morning tea. They experienced 'a spider' for the first time in their lives although Master Six insisted he eat the ice-cream separately first then drink the lemonade, so the experience probably passed him by.

We then headed north to search for a place i'd found online while searching 'things to do in the school holidays.' It was a big shed, filled with slot cars and tracks. The boys were in heaven. We spent an hour moving from track to track, swapping cars and racing them 'round and 'round.

Next stop was the BMX track. I had already packed bikes into the car expecting to go there first but the light morning drizzle held us back. They rode for over an hour, making friends with the holiday makers who'd come to the coast from the city.

By mid afternoon I had completely tired them out and we were all ready to return home for a movie (and a coffee!)

I love that I spent a day with them and I think they loved it too.




Popular Posts