Just for Me



This year I am carving out some time for myself to do the things that I haven't previously made time for, but things that bring me joy and are selfishly, just for me.
I say selfishly, but really I don't feel like it is. Sure, there might be floors that need vacuuming or a shower that needs scrubbing but by putting aside some 'me-time' I feel I am keeping this mama of three/teacher/house-wife a little bit more balanced. And when the mother of the house is balanced, everyone reaps the benefits.

Each Tuesday I am putting aside time for the gym, some photography work and an hour or two to sit at the piano and just play. As far as music goes, sitting and playing the piano does wonders for my mental state and stress levels. Is it at the piano that I am relaxed and content, creative and expressive. With no one around to listen to my mistakes I feel free and challenged at the same time. It has been over eighteen years since I played the piano regularly and had private lessons. This time 'round I am teaching myself. Setting myself goals and then working hard to achieve them. I like taking little videos of myself playing so that as the weeks go on I can see improvement. This motivates me to keep going when at times it feels like I am getting nowhere.
At the end of the day, what I love most about sitting at the piano again is the reminder that it's never too late.

Learn something new, set yourself goals, get out of your comfort zone and achieve what you want to achieve. Do it now - because now is all we've got.




Popular Posts