Beautiful Mess


I'm learning as I get older to just love and appreciate all that life encompasses. The love, the pain, the plans and the mess. Life is all just a mixture of feelings, emotions, wants, needs, goals, disappointments, fear, choices and moments.

There is good and there is bad. There is easy and there is hard. There is joy and there is heart-break.

I'm learning that sometimes, there is a very fine line between right and wrong. We give, we take, we love and we rage. I may not always set the perfect example for my children, they see my outbursts of anger, they see me at my worst. And although I know I can do better, be better - calmer, gentler, more patient - I also remind my children that I am not perfect. No body is. I don't want my children to place me on some pedestal, I want them to see beauty in the mess of life. To find contentment despite the imperfections.


Popular Posts