Freedom


It's a funny word - Freedom.

It implies that we were once trapped. Many thought they were. Many thought that by the government advising us to stay home was too much - that it took away their freedom. 

It's now mid October, 2021 and we are coming out of Lockdown. This lockdown was longer than last year. I think we were in it for around 14 weeks. We taught our kids school at home for all of Term 3 and the beginning of Term 4. Next week it is Week 4 of Term 4 and our children will be returning to school.

I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand I am ready for thing to return to 'normal' - whatever that is. The kids miss their friends and teachers and school life. I am grateful that they love school and have wonderful teachers and friends. But on the other hand, I know this time was unique and precious. I watched my children grow and learn. They bonded with one another and our pet dogs. We played boardgames and went on many, many family walks in the bush or at the beach. I will miss them being home every day with me. 





Popular Posts