Her and I


Miss Two and I are finding our new rhythm with both boys now at school.

Today we grocery shopped together, arguing (as we do every. single. time.) about whether she will sit in the trolley or whether she will walk. Sometimes I win like I did today, but mostly she ends up walking. We grab a piece of free fruit from Woolworths and collect what we need, stopping every few seconds to put items we don't need back in their place. She is so quick to reach out and swipe items off the shelves!

We return home and potter in the garden, planting herbs or tending to the fruit trees. She digs dirt out of the garden while I sweep it back into the garden. She loves to help water the plants.

We build houses out of Duplo and role play with the twin Duplo men, Tim and Tom. They have a pet horse Beau - 'because Beau is a good name for a horse isn't it Mama?'

After lunch we argue again about nap time. I tell her she needs to rest, even if she doesn't sleep. All the while I was thinking 'I need to rest, so please sweetheart, will you rest?'
She puts up a good fight but she ends up sleeping. So do I.

When nap time is over we watch Play School together and I smile at hearing her little singing voice copying the songs. She has a milk arrowroot and I sip my tea.

We pick the boys up from school and she delights in wandering the school grounds as though she owns the place. She waves to people and says hello and when her brothers run out at bell time, her face lights up with joy.

These are some of the best days we will have together, her and I.

Popular Posts