I See You


I see you...
as you make the breakfasts, lunches and dinners every day
loading the dishwasher and washing the dishes
washing and hanging and folding and ironing pile after pile of clothes
mopping up spills and cleaning pee off the toilet floor
hiding in a room for just a moments peace

I hear you...
crying in the shower after a tiring day
losing your tempter and yelling at the child who just won't listen or respond
answering the same questions over and over
on the phone making appointments and play dates and meetings and paying the bills

I know you...
have nights in bed when you wipe tears from your eyes as you lay in the dark
sometimes think that you are the worlds worst mother and that you've failed
get tired from hearing your name called seven hundred times a day
wish that some days would just end

I understand...
The guilt
The ache
The love
The fear
The joy
The mess
The noise
The wonder
The strain
The pressure
The pride

I see you. I hear you. I understand.

You're doing a good job. You are a good mother.




Popular Posts